MINI Cooper Warning Lights: What Do They Mean?
With multiple MINI Cooper warning light symbols, San Diego drivers may be wondering what an illuminated light on their dash means. Find out if the light on your dash means you should get your MINI to the MINI of Escondido service center, or something else, as we cover the most common MINI Cooper warning light meanings below.
Red MINI Cooper Warning Light
Red MINI Cooper warning lights typically indicate the following:
- Brake System: There is an issue with your brake system. Drive with caution and schedule an appointment at a service center as soon as possible.
- Parking Brake: The parking brake is engaged and needs to be released before driving.
- Approach Control Warning: This serves as an advanced warning of a potential collision or that you are too close to the vehicle in front of you.
- Person Warning: If a potential collision with a pedestrian is detected this symbol will illuminate and an auditory warning will be given.
Orange MINI Cooper Warning Light
Orange MINI Cooper warning light symbols are indicators for some of the MINI Cooper safety and driver assist features:
- Vehicle Detection: Part of the Active Cruise Control System, this symbol illuminates when a car is detected up ahead. If the light flashes, conditions are prohibiting the system from functioning properly.
- Active Cruise Control: The number of bars illuminated indicated the pre-selected distance from the vehicle ahead.
Yellow MINI Cooper Warning Lights
Yellow warning lights on your MINI Cooper show an issue you should address:
- Engine Light: The MINI Copper yellow engine warning light indicates an issue with the emission system of your vehicle. If the light begins to flash, it can indicate excessive engine misfiring.
- Tire Pressure Monitor: When you see this indicator it usually means that you have one more tire with low pressure. Simply fill your tires to the appropriate pressure and the light should go off. If it doesn’t, or it starts flashing, you may need a system reset.
- Steering System: Some component in your steering system is malfunctioning. Make sure your vehicle gets checked as soon as possible.
- Anti-Lock Braking System: You will want to avoid sudden braking is possible as the brake force boost may not be working. Have your vehicle serviced immediately.
Contact MINI of Escondido For Your Service Needs
MINI Cooper models are known for being reliable vehicles, but even they need regular maintenance and occasional repairs. In the event that your MINI Cooper needs an oil change or help with a check engine light, contact the certified professionals at the MINI of Escondido service center.
More From MINI of Escondido
With multiple MINI Cooper warning light symbols, San Diego drivers may be wondering what an illuminated light on their dash means. Find out if the light on your dash means you should get your MINI to the MINI of Escondido service center, or something else, as we cover the most common MINI Cooper warning light meanings below. Schedule…
At MINI of Escondido, you can expect an oil change to take less than one hour. For a better idea of wait times, you’ll want to reach out to our team. Simply complete this easy-to-use contact us form and include the reasons for reaching out in the message box. Questions? Learn more oil change tips here at…
The new MINI lineup includes models with well-equipped car interiors featuring premium materials and technologies, but if your car smells like mold, it’s going to be hard to enjoy—not to mention it can be bad for your health as well. San Marcos drivers can learn how to get rid of car mold with help from the…