The Coronavirus Crisis and Your MINI Car Care
While it is widely known that we will pick up and drop off your MINI for service, we want to take a moment and discuss the dangers of the Coronavirus Crisis on your car. But before we do that, we want to let you know that something amazing happened last month! At the end of March 2020, your MINI Service department moved in with the BMW Service department at 300 South Hale Avenue, Escondido CA 92029.
- We did this in a move to consolidate our processes, but on top of that our team isn’t spread so thin and we are able to better serve you as a customer.
- Our parts departments are organized better, we get parts to our technicians sooner, our FedEx delivery drivers love us a little more now, and the power of teamwork gets your MINI in and out faster so you can get back to motoring.
If you’re concerned that it won’t be MINI you’ve grown to know and love, we did do some fancy furniture upgrades to make you feel at home. But more importantly, we have the same people and the same heart for every MINI and owner that comes into our shop. This is our new home, and we’d like to invite you in with the same warmth as you’ve known for the last two decades with us.
What happens if I let me car sit during this crisis?
You should never let your car go for a month without starting and driving it around. Right now we are on week three of mandated isolation. If you are an essential worker, you are allowed to use your car to go between work and home, but if you are not, you are most likely using services like Shipt and Instacart to have groceries and essential items like cleaning supplies delivered to your home, minimizing your risk from Covid-19 in public spaces. Most drivers view their MINI as a part of their family, so we want to help keep your car happy and healthy (just like you).
Remember to start your car ever week. If not, you can experience:
- Your gaskets and seals can begin to crack, causes lubrication leaks.
- Your car’s battery can become drained, either calling for a replacement or a jump upon start.
- Your gas can become like gel from sitting.
- Your oil can destabilize and wreak havoc on your engine.
You can do this on your own, or we can help.
- Make sure you drive at least once a week, or your tires can sit unevenly.
- If anything does happen, make sure you know what your warning lights mean.
- Think about doing an oil change on your own or let us do it for you.
- If you can’t put your MINI in a garage, be careful with your windows and watch for leaks in storms.
- Know your maintenance schedule and let us pick your car up and drop it off for service.
While starting your car and gently driving it around the block a few times can dramatically decrease the damage of a sitting car, your best course of action during an extended driving absence is allowing a MINI certified shop care for your car. If you are going to be under quarantine, allow us to car for you and your vehicle by scheduling service, allow us to pick up and drop off your car, fully maintaining your car as well as sanitizing it for safety. We will do this within 20 miles of our Escondido shop, with absolutely zero hassle. That way your car is kept in pristine condition, and your mind can rest at ease knowing your investment is well taken care of by a dealership that care about you and your family.