LAST UPDATED: JANUARY 1, 2020
NOTICE AT COLLECTION
The Business or Commercial Purpose For Its Use
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- Communicate with you regarding our products or services
- Enter into and process transactions with you
- Send you marketing communications
- Confirm your identity
- Confirm you are licensed to drive our vehicles or take delivery of a vehicle you have purchased or leased from us
- Confirm your insurance coverage
- Confirm eligibility for a manufacturer/lender rebate and to apply for and process any such rebate
- To process warranty, insurance, or service contract claims
- Retain records of transactions
- Fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall
- Complete government forms, as required
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
Name, postal address, email address, IP address, identification numbers (e.g. social security number, driver’s license number, passport number).Other personal information described in Civil Code Section 1798.80(e), such as:
Phone number; insurance information; bank account information, credit/debit card number, or other financial information; and/or your signaturePhysical description and characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as:
A photocopy/scan of government-issued identification may reveal personal information, including your image, date of birth, physical description, gender, place of birth, and/or nationality
Commercial information from selling/providing products or services to you, such as:
Information, including vehicle and ownership information, regarding a transaction in which we sell or lease a vehicle to you and/or buy a vehicle from you, or provide parts, service repairs to you, or maintenance or inspection of your vehicle
IP address, browsing history, and search historyGeolocation information, such as:
Location of IP address or location of vehicle (GPS)- with your consentAudio information, such as:
Voicemail messages and/or recorded phone calls (with your consent)
Employment related information, such as:
Information regarding current occupation
Inferences drawn from information collected to create a profile, such as:
Information regarding your vehicle preferences and needs
including employment information, if you apply to finance or lease a vehicle, or make full payment by check
If you will be financing or leasing a vehicle from us, we collect a copy of your thumbprint if you complete a “Thumbprint form”
This website is brought to you by MINI of Escondido (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”). We respect the privacy of our users and those who visit our websites, mobile and other online applications and products and services (collectively referred to as “our website”). By using our website you consent to the use of your information and information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement applies to information collected through our website and does not describe the collection, use and disclosure practices of any of our corporate affiliates or third parties. For information on the collection, use and disclosure practices of any company with whom you are doing business, whether or not affiliated with our website, please review their privacy policies.
MINI of Escondido and MINI are nonaffiliated third parties. MINI of Escondido’s privacy statement applies only to the Dealership website and not the MINI Corporate website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information is gathered from our website by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors, and partners.
Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as “Data Technologies”). “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. “Local shared objects,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
One or more Data Technologies may be used on our website and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be our website) by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
We may use a uniquely generated trackable toll-free telephone number on our website or in advertisements. This uniquely generated toll-free telephone number may be used to contact us. If you call us using one of these toll-free numbers, we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, the number from which your call originated).
We may target and track the videos you view on our website. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
PUBLICLY POSTED INFORMATION
Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any information in these areas, especially any personally identifiable information.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE IN A PUBLIC FORUM.
COMBINED INFORMATION AND INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may combine information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of our website, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
APPLICATIONS, WIDGETS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices, and mobile applications is sometimes called “online behavioral” or “interest-based” advertising. We may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of interest-based advertisements. They may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on our website and on third-party’s websites and mobile applications. This process allows our website and third parties to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
We do not provide information that is directly associated with a specific person (such as name and address) to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may make an assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement.
Some companies disclose when they are using interest-based advertising programs on our website to deliver third-party ads or collecting information about your visit for these purposes and give you the ability to opt-out of this use of your information. You may see an icon in or around third-party advertisements on our website that use interest-based advertising programs and on pages where data is collected and used for online interest-based advertising. Clicking on this icon will provide additional information about the companies and data practices that were used to deliver the ad. You can opt-out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by multiple companies by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please note that even if you opt-out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
- You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that may impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service.
- If you do not want to receive marketing communications, you can click the “unsubscribe” link in email communications or contact us using the contact information below. We will process your request as soon as possible in accordance with applicable law, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.Additionally, we may send you information regarding our Services, such as information about changes to our policies and other notices and disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these types of communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
- If you do not want to receive internet-based advertisements, you can opt-out as discussed in the “Advertising Networks” section above.
- You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or opting out at Evidon.com or the website of the technology provider. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device. Finally, if you do not want to use a uniquely generated telephone number, you may choose not to call us.
- If you do not want to use Location Information, you can decline our initial invitation to provide that information, or opt-out by changing the location services setting on your mobile device. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result if you opt-out.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who visit our website or otherwise use our Services to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests can be made twice a year. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com
As of January 1, 2020, California residents have the following additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- You have the right to request information about our disclosure for business purposes of your Personal Information to third parties.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties. Our dealership does not sell the Personal Information of California residents to third parties.
- You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
Authorized Agent. If you use an authorized agent to exercise your California Privacy Rights, we will require your authorized agent to provide written proof that they have the authority to act on your behalf as well and may require you to verify your identity before we response to the authorized agent’s request. Please note that an “authorized agent” has the meaning given to it in Chapter 20 of the California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations Section 999.326.
Verification of Requests. The dealership will need to verify your identity before it can respond to any request for information or deletion request provided above. The extent of verification needed from you will vary depending on the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information collected by the dealership, the risk of harm to the consumer, and whether the request seeks to obtain Personal Information or delete Personal Information. The verification process may require you to identify a certain amount of your Personally Identifiable Information in order to verify your identity.
|Categories||Sources of Personal Information||Representative Data Elements||Purpose for Collection and Sharing the PI||Categories of Third Parties to whom this type of Personal Information is Disclosed for a Business Purpose|
|Contact Information||We collect this type of information from:||Data elements in this category include:||We use this type of information to identify you and communicate with you, including: ||We may disclose this type of information to:
|Government-issued identification information numbers||We collect this type of information from:||Data elements in this category include:||We use this type of information:||We may disclose this type of information to our Service Providers and to:
|Unique Identifiers||We collect this type of information from:||Data elements in this category include:||We use this type of information:||We may disclose this type of information to our Affiliates and Service Providers and to:
|Inferred and Derived Information||We create inferred and derived data elements by analyzing online and behavioral data. We collect this information from:||Data elements in this category include:||We use this type of information:||We may disclose this type of information to our Affiliates and Service Providers and to:
|Online & Technical Information||We collect this information from:||Data elements in this category include:||We use this type of information:||We may disclose this type of information to our Affiliates and Service Providers and to:
|Credit Application Information||We collect this type of information from:||In addition to Contact Information, data elements in this category may include:||We use this type of information:||We may disclose this type of information to our Affiliates and Service Providers and to:
|Personal Information Listed in the California Consumer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||We collect this type of information from: ||Data elements in this category include:||We use this type of information:||We may disclose this type of information to our Affiliates and Service Providers and to:
|Protected Classification Characteristics Under California or Federal Law||We collect this type of information from: ||A photocopy/scan of government issued identification reveals personal information. For example: ||We use this type of information:||We may disclose this type of information to:
|Commercial Information||We collect this type of information from: ||Data elements in this category include:||We use this type of information:||We may disclose this type of information to:
 Everyday Business Purposes encompasses the Business Purposes (as defined in the CCPA) and following related purposes for which personal information may be used:
- To provide the information, product or service requested by the individual or as reasonably expected given the context in which the personal information was collected.
- For identity and credit management, including identity verification and authentication, system and technology administration.
- To protect the security and integrity of systems, networks, applications, and data, including detecting, analyzing and resolving security threats.
- For fraud detection and prevention.
- For legal and regulatory compliance.
- For corporate audit, analysis and reporting.
- To enforce our contracts and to protect against injury, theft, legal liability, fraud or abuse, to protect people or property, including physical security programs.
- To de-identify the data or create aggregated datasets, such as for consolidating reporting, research or analytics.
- For corporate governance, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on this website or on websites where we provide advertisements, content, or other services.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our website, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, please contact us to request that we correct or amend your information.
EXTERNAL THIRD-PARTY LINKS
We implement reasonable security measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information. Please understand, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, our dealership cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information you transfer to us electronically is done at your own risk.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. We may post a notice via our website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us, if at all, in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
If you choose to visit our website, your visit and any dispute regarding privacy is subject to this Privacy Statement and our Visitor Agreement, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of state law.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may update this Privacy Statement to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Statement. We will provide you with additional notice of material changes by posting notice of the changes for thirty (30) days before we implement those changes. We encourage you to periodically revisit our Privacy Statement to check for any changes.
If you have any questions concerning this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, you may contact us using the following methods: