How To Clean Car Floor Mats
Car floor mats are made to keep your interior nice and protected from spills, dirt, and more! This means, from time to time, floor mats need cleaning themselves. Wondering how to clean floor mats? The service team at MINI of Escondido near San Marcos can help! Learn how to clean rubber floor mats and carpet floor mats with us and be on your way to your next out-of-town trip in a fresh, clean vehicle.
Supplies: What You Need
Before you get to cleaning your vehicle’s interior, make sure you stock up on all the supplies you need to get the job done right in San Diego. These items include:
- Rubber Floor Mats: Vacuum, rubber floor mat cleaner, stiff bristle brush, hose or bucket of water, microfiber towel or a place to hang your mats
- Carpet Floor Mats: Vacuum, carpet floor mat cleaner, brush, hose or bucket of water, wet vac if available, or a place to hang your mats
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
- To avoid any water damage to your vehicle, take out the rubber floor mats prior to cleaning them.
- Shake the mats out to get rid of loose debris.
- Rinse the mats with clean water.
- Apply a cleanser designed for rubber mats and gently scrub with a stiff bristle brush. This should help to eliminate any grime or debris that still remains.
- Rinse the mats clean.
- Hang up to dry or dry with a microfiber towel. Before you out the rubber floor mats back in your vehicle, they should be thoroughly dry.
How to Clean Carpet Floor Mats
- Once again, you will want to take the floor mats out of the vehicle first to avoid any water damage.
- Use a vacuum to eliminate dirt stuck in the carpet fibers.
- Shake and whack the floor mats against a hard surface to get rid of dust and smaller dirt particles.
- Use a cleaner designed for carpet floor mats and apply it to your floor mats. Because the directions can vary from product to product, you will want to follow the instructions carefully so that you don’t damage the floor mats.
- To get rid of stains or ground-in debris, scrub the mats with the brush.
- Make sure that the mats are rinsed thoroughly.
- Do you have a wet vac on hand? If so, it is a good idea to try vacuuming your floor mats again. If there is any dirt left, it should get rid of the rest while helping the mats to dry quicker.
- Hang your mats to dry. Once they are completely dry, they can be placed back inside of the vehicle.
Keep Your Vehicle in Pristine Condition with MINI of Escondido
After learning how to clean your car floor mats near Carlsbad, check in with MINI of Escondido in Escondido to learn more car care tips such as how to clean leather car seats and more! Contact us today with any questions, to learn how to clean your leather car seats, to find new parts or accessories, or even to schedule a service appointment.
More from MINI of Escondido
MINI of Escondido remains committed to our large community, and through Bless Local and Jeff Moors at Rhythm, we will continue to show up when it counts. As a locally owned and operated BMW dealership, we know that we’re a little different than most large box dealerships. We’re lean, so we stay hungry to serve…
Mini Vision Urbanaut Is a Full-Size Space Concept Discover a vision of a MINI Design with a larger and more versatile interior than ever – the vision vehicle MINI Vision Urbanaut, an all-new interpretation of a space concept. MINI took the dream and made it a reality from a rendering, with an all-electric, autonomous lounge…
MINI of Escondido and BMW of Escondido are back, and we’re celebrating it in a big way this Fall in San Diego! Join us October 23, 2021 at Waterfront Park for Taco Fest. We’re hosting and sponsoring events all across San Diego, and Taco Fest is our biggest event this year! Let us know you’re coming…