Preparing Your MINI Cooper for Winter Driving
Is your MINI Cooper winterized? When the temperatures start falling around San Marcos, it’s a good idea to schedule a quick MINI service to prepare your car for the cold ahead! Winterization service involves checking the key components for performance and utilizing freeze-proof products to keep your car running throughout the season. FInd out more about MINI Cooper winter driving in San Diego and schedule your winterization service at MINI of Escondido!
Getting Your MINI Cooper Winterized
When you stop by for your MINI service, these are just a few of the steps taken to make sure your car is winter-ready:
- Tires: Checking the tread, air pressure, and alignment is important for safe driving. You can also opt for a set of MINI Cooper winter wheels and tires for even greater traction on slick surfaces.
- Battery: Dropping temperatures can cause major issues for your battery capacity. Your technician will check your battery for any damage as well as charge level, so you can get a replacement before you run into trouble.
- Belts and Hoses: Cold temperatures can turn belts and hoses brittle, so a quick inspection can help you stay on top of your components before they suffer damage.
- Brakes: Brake pads and rotors should be checked for performance, since harsh winter weather can cause your brakes to work harder.
- Antifreeze and Coolant: These components are vital for your engine’s temperature regulation. Ask the parts department for antifreeze recommendations during your MINI service if you aren’t sure what to use.
- Engine Oil: Your engine oil can thicken during colder temperatures, which can cause damage if your oil is already old and viscous. We recommend scheduling an oil change before the colder temperatures set in.
- Windshield Wipers and Fluid: Your wipers can crack and split, which can render them worthless against winter precipitation. Additionally, you’ll want to switch to freeze-proof wiper fluid that won’t compromise your clarity on the Carlsbad roads.
- Lights: Lighting systems like turn signals, fog lights, headlights and tail lights should all be checked – and you can even upgrade to brighter, more efficient LED lighting at our service department.
Schedule Your Service with MINI of Escondido
Want to get your MINI Cooper winterized? Stop by Escondido for a quick and easy service, or contact us with any questions. We’d be happy to help!
More from MINI of Escondido
MINI of Escondido remains committed to our large community, and through Bless Local and Jeff Moors at Rhythm, we will continue to show up when it counts. As a locally owned and operated BMW dealership, we know that we’re a little different than most large box dealerships. We’re lean, so we stay hungry to serve…
Mini Vision Urbanaut Is a Full-Size Space Concept Discover a vision of a MINI Design with a larger and more versatile interior than ever – the vision vehicle MINI Vision Urbanaut, an all-new interpretation of a space concept. MINI took the dream and made it a reality from a rendering, with an all-electric, autonomous lounge…
MINI of Escondido and BMW of Escondido are back, and we’re celebrating it in a big way this Fall in San Diego! Join us October 23, 2021 at Waterfront Park for Taco Fest. We’re hosting and sponsoring events all across San Diego, and Taco Fest is our biggest event this year! Let us know you’re coming…